Friday, April 24, 2009

A Spring Treat in my Mailbox!

Happy Spring Everyone!
I hope you all had a truly blessed Easter! I am so glad to finally be enjoying some nice springy weather here!!!! I finally feel alive again! Those gloomy days just bring me down!!!

I have a little story to share.. maybe not so much a "story" but whatever..
It's a piece of one of my 'life-goals' at least...

OK, I was SO excited when I finally received a paper copy of the Spring Edition - Open Arms Newletter recently!


Open Arms is a pregnancy loss support group run through Community Health Network. (you can visit their website at: http://www.ecommunity.com/openarms/ to learn more about pregnancy loss resources also!)


I wrote a poem for the bulletin this past December for the Open Arms holiday memorial service, to honor our two lost babies. Afterwards, I was asked to submit something for the spring newsletter!!! Of course, I was THRILLED to do so!


SO, here it is, my first time being published.. :)


As an aspiring writer, for me this is a great first step, a dream in print, and I am honored to be able to (hopefully) touch the lives of others through writing about my experiences..





here is a link to the entire newletter: http://www.ecommunity.com/openarms/index.aspx?pg=10339

( By the way, just celebrating a small goal, and spreading awareness about these great resources for hurting people, not looking for praise or trying to brag, I hope to never come across that way...But hey if you wanna pat me on the back, not like I'm gonna shoo you away! HA! ;) )

No, really though, I feel so blessed for this opportunity and hope that God will continue to open doors and windows for my husband and I as we keep truckin' down this crazy road!

Thanks to everyone that has supported us and prayed for us. This next Sunday (May 3rd) would have been my due date so we're still not out of the woods.. tough times still to come, but I feel like the winds of change are ready to send breezes of goodness and grace our way!

~ Shannon

5 comments:

Abbie Burnham said...

Way to go, Shannon! That's great! The poem was very well written, too. I liked the message.

He Lifts Me said...

Congratulations Shannon! May I ask for your autograph?

He Lifts Me said...

oh, just in case you didnt notice, i changed my name, its darren!

He Lifts Me said...

Oh and also, The photo was taken of me a couple years prior to working at Jasper if you don't recognize my face:) I was really sleepy, it was a big party.

Joy said...

Shannon,

You are amazing, and show new strength all the time. I'm so proud of you for sharing your thoughts and feelings to help others heal!

Luvs!